Here’s a change of pace from our usual Detroit screeners contests. We’ve got two hot new Anime features on Blu-Ray ready to be delivered to your brand new home entertainment center (assuming Santa got you a new home entertainment for Christmas).
Anchor Bay Entertainment has offered us copies each of First Squad: The Moment of Truth and Redline. Both are due out next week, on January 17th, on Blu-Ray and DVD.
First Squad tells of a group of supercharged Russian teens out to defend the motherland from Nazi invaders during World War II. It’s directed by Yoshiharu Ashino, who also directs the red-hot new Thundercats TV show, so you know you want it.
Redline is like Speed Racer only crazy fast. It comes from studio Mad House, who brings you the Marvel anime series, and director Takeshi Koike who directs the kick-ass Iron Man anime series (which is way cooler than the Nickelodeon show for Western audiences).
We’ve got two copies of each film and we’ll be giving them away to four lucky Blottos!
So what do you have to do to win? It’s easy! Just write an essay of 25 words or more about your favorite anime movie of all time! We’ll pick four winners from the list of qualified entries.
Also, be sure to say in your post which of the two movies you’d prefer to receive.
3 STEPS TO ENTRY
- Register a Backlot D account if you haven’t already.
- Post a message in the comments below giving us your 25 word essay about your favorite anime movie (and tell us which of the two films you’d prefer to win).
- Do all this before midnight on January 14th.
We’ll select 4 winners for the list of all entries.
RULES AND CONSIDERATIONS:
- Valid entries must be received before midnight on January 14th.
- Prizes are provided by Anchor Bay Entertainment.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Multiple entries by the same person using separate logins will result in the disqualification of all entries from that person.
- Backlot D is not responsible for the distribution of prizes. Prizes will be distributed by the publicity team for Anchor Bay Entertainment.
- Prizes will only be shipped to U.S. addresses. No post office boxes.
- Winners agree to abide by further rules and restrictions prescribed by the studio and its publicity agents that may be printed on or presented with the pass.
- Winners will be selected by a method of Backlot D’s devising. All judgments are final.
- No whining.
Directed by Yoshiharu Ashino, First Squad: The Moment of Truth is set during the opening days of World War II on the Eastern Front. Its main cast of characters is a group of Soviet teenagers, each with extraordinary abilities. The teenagers have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusadersfrom the 12th Century Order of the Sacred Cross and enlist them in the Nazi cause. First Squad: The Moment of Truth was produced by Eiko Tanaka, Misha Shprits and Aljosha Klimov.
Redline is a racing film created by studio Madhouse (Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars). The movie focuses on the biggest and most deadly racing tournament in the universe. Only held once every five years, everyone wants to stake their claim to fame, including JP, a reckless dare-devil driver oblivious to speed limits with his ultra-customized car – all the while, organized crime and militaristic governments want to leverage the race to their own ends. Amongst the other elite rival drivers in the tournament, JP falls for the alluring Sonoshee – but will she prove his undoing, or can a high speed romance survive a mass destruction race?