You hear super soldier you think Captain America. Right? Well, you’d better start thinking American Gladiator.
Haywire is Stephen Soderbergh’s new flick built around MMA champ and former American Gladiator Gina Carano. In it she plays a black ops super solider who crushes men with her thighs!
No, it ain’t a love story! It’s an wham-bam thriller about a spy that gets hung out to dry by the shadowy agency that pays her to kill people. It’s also the movie that could make Ms. Carano the next big action star. And you, dear Blotto, could be among the first to see it here in Detroit.
We’ve got 25 passes for two to see the movie at 7:00pm on January 17th at the Uptown Palladium in Birmingham, Michigan.
We’re going to make things easy this time around since some of you are on the verge of violating our long-standing “no whining” rule.
3 EASY STEPS TO ENTRY, YA WHINERS
- Register a Backlot D account if you haven’t already.
- Post a message in the comments below giving us your spy code name.
- Do all this before midnight on January 12th.
We’ll select 25 winners for the list of all entries.
RULES AND CONSIDERATIONS:
- Valid entries must be received before midnight on January 12th.
- Prizes are provided by Allied-THA.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Winners are responsible for getting themselves to the theater on the day and time of the screening as specified above.
- Your pass does not reserve you a seat. This is a promoted, public preview and seating will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis to all pass holders. The theater will be filled to capacity. In other words: MAKE SURE YOU SHOW UP EARLY ON THE DAY OF THE SCREENING TO WAIT IN LINE AND CLAIM YOUR FREE SEATS.
- Winners agree to abide by further rules and restrictions prescribed by the studio and its publicity agents that may be printed on or presented with the pass.
- Winners will be selected by a method of Backlot D’s devising. All judgments are final.
- No whining.
This dynamic action-thriller directed by Oscar® winner Steven Soderbergh (Contagion) boasts a talented cast that includes Channing Tatum (GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra), Ewan McGregor (The Ghost Writer), Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class), Antonio Banderas (The Legend of Zorro), Bill Paxton (“Big Love”), Michael Douglas (Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps), Michael Angarano (Almost Famous); and introduces mixed martial arts (MMA) superstar Gina Carano as Mallory Kane, in a demanding lead role that has her performing her own high-adrenaline stunts.
Mallory Kane is a highly trained operative who works for a government security contractor in the dirtiest, most dangerous corners of the world. After successfully freeing a Chinese journalist held hostage, she is double crossed and left for dead by someone close to her in her own agency. Suddenly the target of skilled assassins who know her every move, Mallory must find the truth in order to stay alive.
Using her black-ops military training, she devises an ingenious—and dangerous—trap. But when things go haywire, Mallory realizes she’ll be killed in the blink of an eye unless she finds a way to turn the tables on her ruthless adversary.
Haywire opens in theaters January 20th.
<div style=”border: 2px dotted black; background-color: #ffc; padding: 5px; margin: 5px;”><strong style=”color: #d00;”>